My Learning Log Week 2: Create My Blog


 

WEEK 2

Create My Blog

                A blog is a free user-friendly technology, it is easy to be created, used, and updated. A blog is an Asynchronous tool because when we want to ask the blogger something, we need to comment on the question below their blog and wait until the blogger come to see and reply it. By the way, blog is a very useful technology for education. Blogger could post what they have learnt, or posted some knowledge on the blog, so the visitors could learn some knowledge from the blog.

                In this week class, teacher taught me what the blog is and how to create, decorate, and post the blog. I learnt it from teacher step by step, it does not difficult. The blog is user-friendly as the definition. I set my blog template as a pink blog name ‘A Blog of English’. After that, I posted a new post about introducing myself.

Teacher told us that there are 3 types of weblog including, a tutor blog, a class blog and a learner blog. These types of blogs have different characteristics. A tutor blog is a blog that encourages the learners to practice their skills or explore links for self-study. A class blog is a blog that encourages comment their opinion or pictures for classroom discussions. And a learner blog is a blog that encourages individual learner to post their thought about thing their have learnt. for my blog can be classified to be a learner blog.

And teacher presented advantages and disadvantages of the blog. The weblog has many advantages. First, it provides an authentic learning environment for real communication. To post a post or comment on a blog is a communication that we face every day on social media world. Using the blog is a way to practice using English language. Second, it can record learner’s learning experiences as we post a learning log every week. Third, it enables us to create social networks and learning communities where we can interact and communicate our opinions and ideas. For disadvantages, there are some disadvantages of weblog. First, students who have low English proficiency may difficult to post their ideas. Second, students lacking confidence in their writing ability may feel fear at having others read their thoughts. Third, some students may be embarrassed if others see their mistakes.

Weblog’s advantages are true as in teacher’s powerpoint presentation. I think using a blog is work for me. It helps me develop my essay writing.


ความคิดเห็น

บทความที่ได้รับความนิยม